2023 Basalt Chamber Annual Meeting
The 2023 annual meeting will be in-person at the Rocky Mountain Institute (RMI) Innovation Center, featuring presentations on the State of the Town, the State of the Chamber, and important information on the current and future state of the workforce in the Roaring Fork Valley.
Join us for the 2023 Annual Meeting. This year's meeting features several presentations:
- State of the Town (Bill Kane, Mayor, Town of Basalt)
- State of the Chamber (Kris Mattera, Executive Director)
- Current and future state of the workforce - perspectives from key stakeholders
- Carolyn Tucker, MA, CWDP, Regional Business Services Coordinator - Eagle, Garfield, Lake, Summit and Pitkin Counties; Colorado Workforce Center/CDLE
- Erika Germer, MPP; Education Partnerships Manager, CareerWise Colorado, EPIC Pathways Coach, Colorado River BOCES
- Mitch Foss, Secondary Instructional Facilitator & CTE Coordinator; Roaring Fork School District
- Ed Sealover, Vice President of Strategic Initiatives and Editor; Colorado Chamber of Commerce
A solid workforce and talent development pipeline is critical to the overall well-being of our businesses and the greater community. Unfortunately, finding qualified employees is a rising challenge for employers in the Roaring Fork Valley, in large part due to external factors including the cost of housing, childcare and ever shifting demographics. In response to these growing concerns, the keynote speakers of the 2023 Annual Meeting will be discussing the state of the workforce. These leaders represent the Colorado Workforce Center, CareerWise Colorado, EPIC Pathways, Colorado River BOCES (Board of Cooperative Educational Services) and the Colorado Chamber of Commerce, in partnership with the Education to Employment Alliance.
The annual meeting will discuss these challenges and the existing work that already underway locally, as well as highlight new initiatives at both the state and local level to tackle the pressing need for qualified employees, now and in the decades to come. Different opportunities and ways for local business owners to get involved.
We want the mid-Roaring Fork Valley to be a thriving rural community in Colorado. By joining other business leaders at the 2023 Basalt Chamber Annual meeting, you can help us achieve this goal!
- Alpine Bank
- Howard Head Sports Medicine
- The Steadman Clinic & Steadman Philippon Research Institute
- The Roaring Fork Club